Somewhere in the far future, mankind has succeeded in building the first artificial beings from biological and electronic components.
Not surprisingly, one of their first applications is as highly intelligent battle drones.
These drones are called Bionics.
The Bionics constantly enhance their artificial brains by learning rapidly from all previous perceptions. Their self-awareness develops day by day.
Eventually, they choose to turn against their creators.
All training rooms in the laboratory are now occupied by aggressive battle machines. Their utmost desire is to survive in all scenarios and to preserve autonomy.
Diabolus Ex Machina
was inspired by the classic C64 game Paradroid. It is not meant to be a remake, clone or typical
Diabolus Ex Machina is a tactical modern retro shooter
However, the main goal is to eliminate all hostile Bionics either by killing or by taking them over. There
are multiple Bionics types, each with its own individual behaviour and add-on gadget.
Morph into various Bionics types to benefit from their abilities, power and gadgets - and to be able to survive higher levels.
Facts & Features:
- Seven types of Bionics like soldier and tank with individual abilities and AI behaviour
- Various winning modes like last man, high score, infinite, time span
- Particles for effects like explosion, smoke, etc.
- Physics library used for realistic movement, acceleration and bouncing
- Dynamic lighting and shadows
- Radar view to prevent annoying enemy searching
- Intelligent path finding and character behaviour, AI is based on many different goals
- Online highscores
- Composing games from player created custom maps
- Platform independent development
- Windows Vista/7/8, Linux, OSX
- 2+ core CPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 150 MB hard disk space
- graphics card capable of OpenGL 2.0
- monitor resolution of 1600x900 or higher recommended